"(Baby 411 is) my go-to reference so I don't bother Charlotte's pediatrician!"―Chelsea Clinton (US Weekly, Sept. 2015).
You are having a baby! Congratulations! Now, the reality hits you—what the heck am I doing? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those parents who’ve come before you . . . and mix it with the solid medical advice from an nationally-renowned pediatrician? Baby 411 is the answer! Think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new parents. Inside you’ll learn:
• How to pick a pediatrician with savvy questions to ask and insider tips.
• Sleep. The best way to get your baby to sleep through the night.
• First aid—when to worry, when not . . . and what to do when baby gets sick. No-nonsense, down-to-earth advice you can trust.
• Fussy baby 411. Is it colic? Acid reflux? Or something else? Discover the secrets to soothing a fussy baby.
• Detailed nutrition info with a step-by-step guide for successful breastfeeding, introducing solid food and the ‘‘new and improved’’ formulas. Plus: simple steps to avoid food allergies!
• Is my baby normal? Learn how your baby will grow and develop!
New in this revised 9th edition:
• Designer baby formulas―Are they worth it? What about goat's milk formula?
• New sleeping gizmos: Do new electronic bassinets actually work at soothing baby?
• New breastfeeding aids to boost milk supply that actually work.
All that and more in the new, updated and revised BABY 411!
"Without a doubt, Baby 411 is definitely among the best books ever written for parents and caregivers regarding the appropriate and very logical approach to infant and child care. It is cleverly written, easy to understand, well organized, and often extremely humorous. Parents, grandparents, and anyone responsible for the rearing and day-to-day care of children should have this book available as a ready resource. I do!"
-Jan Drutz, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine
Dr. Ari Brown is an official spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics and trusted source on children's health care. She's been featured on NBC's Today Show and is a medical advisor to Parents Magazine. In her spare time, she also is a pediatrician in Austin, TX.
Denise Fields is the best-selling author of Baby Bargains and has been featured as a parenting expert on Oprah and in the Wall Street Journal. The New York Times declared Fields' Baby Bargains book to be the "bible for new parents."