• Footprint Handbooks
Blessed with a tropical climate, abundant wildlife and a varied landscape, it’s easy to understand the appeal of this beguiling region. Footprint’s Belize, Guatemala & Southern Mexico Handbook will guide you from monumental Mayan ruins, through hypnotic fiestas, to sparking submarine adventures.
· Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including jungle-shrouded ruins, basking in crystal clear cayes, historic churches, delicious cuisine, and exploring volcanic cones
· Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from birding spots in Belize to forgotten cities of ancient civilizations
· Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
· Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
· Full-color planning section to inspire travelers and help them find the best experiences
From idyllic Caribbean waters to awe-inspiring caves, Footprint’s fully updated 3rd edition will help you navigate this compelling destination.
· Expert author Richard Arghiris knows Belize, Guatemala & Southern Mexico inside out; he has travelled extensively throughout the region researching this new edition
· Comprehensive coverage of all the main attractions plus plenty of suggestions for getting off the beaten track
· Extensive, reliable listings and advice to help you choose the right hotel, restaurant or tour guide
· In-depth background section to help you understand the country’s history, culture, politics and people
Richard Arghiris first visited Latin America in 2003, when he travelled between the capitals of Mexico and Panama. Richard has since become a regular visitor to the Americas, writing and researching content for guidebooks, magazines, newspapers and websites. Richard has lived and worked in Amsterdam, Brighton, London and at sea. Aside from Latin America, he has travelled widely in Europe and the United States, and is currently based in London where he works as an author and freelance journalist and is on the road whenever it calls. Check out Richard's blog, unseenamericas.com