With complete coverage of the ethical principles that inform the role of the paralegal, Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Paralegals, Eighth Edition is ideal for use as either a primary course book, or a supplementary text. An authoritative presentation combined with clear and readable pedagogy enriches all levels of inquiry into the ethics of legal practice.
- Comprehensive coverage of the professional responsibilities of paralegals, illuminated with chapter overviews, key terms, and a student-friendly organization.
- Discussion questions with hypotheticals and review questions in each chapter.
- Landmark cases, many involving paralegals, that demonstrate how the principles and rules of ethics are applied.
- Updated ethics opinions, with a focus on technology and social media, supported by new hypotheticals.
- Expanded coverage of how technology is affecting various aspects of ethics and practice, including confidentiality and privilege, competence, conflicts of interest and advertising.
- Many new cases including: State Bar v. Lang (unauthorized practice of law), Committee v. JPMorgan Chase (competence), Lola v. Skadden (professionalism), Pension Committee v. Banc of America Securities (advocacy), and McDermott v. Superior Court (confidentiality).