Trusted for over 30 years, this portable, full-color drug reference is easy to navigate and provides safety features that help you practice knowledgeable, safe medication dispensing. Content on more than 5,000 generic and brand-name drugs covers almost every drug you are likely to encounter in clinicals. Side effects information, logically organized by body system and identified as common or life threatening, shows you the important and intricate signs to watch for during assessments. This guide also includes complete pharmacokinetic tables that explain the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as the action, duration, and excretion of the drug. Whether you’re in the classroom or in clinicals, Mosby's 2022 Nursing Drug Reference, 35th Edition is the all-in-one drug reference you need.
- Content on more than 5,000 generic and brand-name drugs covers almost every drug you will encounter in clinicals.
- Safety Alert feature icon highlights the most critical interactions and side effects that you must be aware of during clinicals.
- Black Box Warning feature alerts you to FDA warnings of potentially life-threatening reactions.
- Bold heading and details on IV drug administration so students can easily find appropriate dosage and IV instructions to help them administer these drugs safely.
- Side effects information is logically organized by body system and identified as common or life threatening, alerting students to the signs to watch for during assessments.
- Nursing Process Framework organizes all nursing care steps so students learn how to easily and completely incorporate the nursing process into their clinical experiences.
- Cross-reference headers in the book listings and in the appendicies make it easier to find the drug content quickly and less likely that students will think a drug is missing if it’s not first found in the book.
- Complete pharmacokinetic tables explain the mechanism and absorption of the drug, as well as the action, duration, and excretion of the drug.
- NEW! Approximately 20 monographs on newly released, FDA-approved drugs give you the intricate details you need both in the classroom and clinicals. Each monograph includes new interactions, precautions, alerts, patient teaching instructions, and other need-to-know information ― so you’ll feel confident in the accuracy of the information and in preventing medication dispensing errors.
- NEW! Up-to-date content on drug therapies provides you with instant access to the latest information.
Mosby’s bestselling drug reference for nurses ― from the most trusted name in nursing
Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP has been the lead author of Mosby’s Nursing Drug Reference for more than 25 years and as such is synonymous with the Mosby imprint as a trusted name in nursing pharmacology information