This engaging series covers the basics of science instruction for Grades 1–8. It provides informative readings and worksheets on a wide variety of topics in earth, life, and physical science.
Worksheets include activities that target:
• Scientific Vocabulary : Activities challenge students to show their understanding of scientific terms by a variety of methods, such as differentiating between words and using them in meaningful sentences.
• Reading Skills : Comprehension questions ascertain that students understand what they have read and develop reading skills that pertain to science.
• Scientific Inquiry Skills : Students will learn the basic skills of scientific inquiry, including hypothesizing, observing, experimenting, and classifying data.
• Critical Thinking : Activities increase students’ ability to synthesize, analyze, and evaluate scientific information.
• Test Prep Questions : Science questions in standardized test format help students in Grades 3–6 prepare for state exams.
These all-inclusive skills resources provide the focused practice students need to apply, reinforce, and review skills in reading, math, and test-taking. Answer key included.